- Go to JDK 11 download page: Java SE Development Kit 11- - Downloads (oracle.com).
- Download macOS Installer:
- Login with your Oracle account. You need to register one if you don't have one yet.
- Install the downloaded DMG file on your macOS. Double click JDK 11.0.9.pkg and then follow the wizard to complete setup.
- Verify Java version. Once the installation is completed, you can verify Java version by running the following command:
$ java -version
java version "11.0.9" 2020-10-20 LTS
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.9+7-LTS)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.9+7-LTS, mixed mode)
- (Optional) Setup JAVA_HOME environment variable. Refer to Find JAVA_HOME JDK Location on macOS for more details.
More from Kontext
Install JDK 11 on macOS
JDK (Java Development Kit) is required for many big data frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc. Follow these steps to install JDK SE 11 on macOS. The steps were tested on Big Sur. Go to JDK 11 download page: Java SE Development Kit 11- - Downloads (oracle.com) . Download ...
Install MySQL on macOS
MySQL is one of the most commonly used open source database in the world. This article provides details about installing MySQL on macOS. The system version is Big Sur v11.1. Download MySQL from the following page: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/ Select operating system as macOS and ...
This post shows you how to connect to HiveServer2 via Hive JDBC driver in Java. *The way to connect to HiveServer1 is very similar though the driver names are different: Version Driver Name HiveServer1 org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver HiveServer2 ...