Most recently, I've rewritten the whole application code for this website with many features added. Refer to the following page for more details:
From release v0.6.1, Kontext platform is fully server-less and cloud native with horizontal scalabilities.
The following diagram shows the latest architecture of this website platform.
* Analytics part is not implemented yet since there is no enough data.
- For hosting web APIs and web pages, Azure App Services are used. The server-less product can scale up or down automatically.
- Website data is stored in relational database Azure SQL database (with elastic pool).
- User uploaded files like images are stored in Azure Blob Storage. Another layer of API is implemented in the application to control access.
- Events information are stored in Event Hubs that can be processed by Azure Functions or other services.
- Azure Data Factory can be used to ingest data into storage like Azure Blob Storage or SQL Data Warehouse or any other suitable storage.
- Analytics tools/frameworks like Hadoop and Databricks can be used to perform all sort of analytics.
- Data can then be visualised through Power BI. Useful insights from analytical jobs can be published to Azure SQL database to expose to users in the websites.
- Third parties frameworks are used for marketing, website analytics and advertisement.