This post summarizes the tutorials I created in the past about Teradata. It is trying to help you gain the basic SQL skills with Teradata especially if you are a new beginner or you just move from SQL Server or Oracle. It also includes some guides about setting up your own Teradata server (latest Teradata Express version TDExpress16.10.00.03_Sles11_40GB.7z).
If you don't have a Teradata server to play with, following the post below to setup your own virtual machine.
- Install Teradata Express 184.108.40.206 by Using VMware Player 6.0 in Windows
- Connect to Teradata Virtual Machine Guest from Windows Host
- Setup Teradata in Microsoft Azure (Cloud based Teradata)
Basic SQL Queries
Quickly get familiar with SQL queries in Teradata.
- Querying Teradata and SQL Server - Tutorial 0: Preparation
- Querying Teradata and SQL Server - Tutorial 1: The SELECT Statement
- Querying Teradata and SQL Server - Tutorial 2 Filtering and Sorting
- Teradata Tutorial – DateTime Related Functions and Examples
- Teradata SQL Tricks for SQL Server/Oracle Developers
- [C#] Connect to Teradata Database via .NET Data Provider