This diagram shows a typical lambda streaming processing solution on AWS with Amazon Kinesis, Amazon Glue, Amazon S3, Amazon Athena and Amazon Quicksight:
- Amazon Kinesis - capture streaming data via Data Firehose and then transform and analyze streaming data using Data Analytics; the result of analytics is stored into another Data Firehose process; for batch processing, the captured streaming data can be directly loaded into S3 bucket too.
- Amazon S3 - store streaming raw data and batch processed data.
- Amazon Glue - transform batch data in S3 and store the processed data into another bucket for consumption.
- Amazon Athena - used to read data in S3 via SQL.
- Amazon Quicksight - data visualization tool.