D Daniel CH

Unable to start Name Node due to Java exception

event 2022-01-23 visibility 1,307 comment 3 insights
more_vert
insights Stats

Hi Team,

Please can you help me to resolve below error and start Name Node on my windows 10 machine.

I have installed Hadoop 3.1.0 with JDK 1.8.201

Error Message: 

2022-01-23 19:22:50,460 ERROR namenode.NameNode: Failed to start namenode.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.apache.hadoop.io.nativeio.NativeIO$Windows.access0(Ljava/lang/String;I)Z

at org.apache.hadoop.io.nativeio.NativeIO$Windows.access0(Native Method)

at org.apache.hadoop.io.nativeio.NativeIO$Windows.access(NativeIO.java:640)

at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.canWrite(FileUtil.java:1220)

at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage$StorageDirectory.analyzeStorage(Storage.java:667)

at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage$StorageDirectory.analyzeStorage(Storage.java:620)

at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.recoverStorageDirs(FSImage.java:371)

at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.recoverTransitionRead(FSImage.java:227)

at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.loadFSImage(FSNamesystem.java:1086)

at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.loadFromDisk(FSNamesystem.java:714)

at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.loadNamesystem(NameNode.java:669)

at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize(NameNode.java:731)

at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:968)

at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:947)

at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:1674)

at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:1741)

2022-01-23 19:22:50,460 INFO util.ExitUtil: Exiting with status 1: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.apache.hadoop.io.nativeio.NativeIO$Windows.access0(Ljava/lang/String;I)Z

2022-01-23 19:22:50,460 INFO namenode.NameNode: SHUTDOWN_MSG:

More from Kontext
comment Comments
Raymond Raymond #1650 access_time 2 years ago more_vert

Hi Daniel,

I just noticed that missing MSVCR120.dll in error message. Can you please install Microsoft  Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.

Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Docs

format_quote

person Daniel access_time 3 years ago

Hello Reymond,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have Installed java with 64 bit version.

C:\Users\jessynissy>java -version

java version "1.8.0_201"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

Post fixing of below error message and I am able to start Name node and Data Node successfully. 

Thanks A lot for your support.

winutils.exe - System Error

---------------------------

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. 

OK   

Now I am facing new issue with bring up YARN resource manager service.

D Daniel CH #1573 access_time 3 years ago more_vert

Hello Reymond,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have Installed java with 64 bit version.

C:\Users\jessynissy>java -version

java version "1.8.0_201"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

Post fixing of below error message and I am able to start Name node and Data Node successfully. 

Thanks A lot for your support.

winutils.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. 

OK   

Now I am facing new issue with bring up YARN resource manager service.

format_quote

person Raymond access_time 3 years ago

Hi Daniel, 

It looks like the Java program has failed to load the native HDFS library in your Windows machine.

Can you please confirm the following details?

• Java Application version (x86 or x64)?
  • Can you run winutils.exe successfully?
    %HADOOP_HOME%\bin\winutils.exe

I have not tried Hadoop 3.1.0 on Windows but I've published later version's full guide which was proven to be working by users: Install Hadoop 3.2.1 on Windows 10 Step by Step Guide.

Raymond Raymond #1569 access_time 3 years ago more_vert

Hi Daniel, 

It looks like the Java program has failed to load the native HDFS library in your Windows machine.

Can you please confirm the following details?

• Java Application version (x86 or x64)?
  • Can you run winutils.exe successfully?
    %HADOOP_HOME%\bin\winutils.exe

I have not tried Hadoop 3.1.0 on Windows but I've published later version's full guide which was proven to be working by users: Install Hadoop 3.2.1 on Windows 10 Step by Step Guide.

Please log in or register to comment.

account_circle Log in person_add Register