Effective: 1 Oct 2019
Updated: 12 Jun 2020
Information We Collect
(this website) will not collect any personal information about individuals except when specifically and
knowingly provided by the individual. Examples of this are as follows:
- Account registration. If you register an account, we will collect the data you enter, i.e. name and email address.
- Add a profile.
- Add a column article or forum post.
- Post a comment.
- Log in with social accounts. If you sign-in or log-in with a Microsoft, Google or other social login account, we will collect the data after your consent. This also includes Google One-Tap sign-in.
We also collect non-personal information such as the type and version of internet browser, IP address you are using. This is to improve our service to you and to collect demographic data about usage of this website, such as the number of pages visited per visit etc.
This information is collected based on actions you take while using this website, such as what pages you view (including how much of a given page and for how long) and your use of features such as Like, Reply, Add Comment, Add Content, Add Column, Add Profile, etc. This information includes records of those interactions, your Internet Protocol address, information about your device (such as device or browser type), and referral information (how you got to a particular page).
User log files and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses etc. are also automatically collected by our ISP (Internet Service Provider).
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- Send notifications about the content you subscribe.
- Send notifications about new comments.
Send notifications for account related actions. We will send you email when you perform the following actions in this website:
- Register a new account.
- Find password.
- Verify email address.
- Account security related notifications.
- Display your name together with your profile page, articles, posts and comments.
We may also contact you for feedback on your use of this website and may need to use your information to send important notices, such as updated document content where there have been regulation/law revisions or changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclosure any of your personal data without your consent unless:
- We think it is required or appropriate to comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order, government request, or subpoena, or to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- You disclose your personal information willingly on this website's pages (like Profile, Column Site, Column Article, Forum Post, Comment and etc.)
You are not obligated to provide us your personal data. However, you will not be able to register an account or to use the services or product features in this website without providing those personal information specified in this policy. You will still be able to view public pages in this website without registering an account.
Download of Personal Data
You can download your personal data via link Personal data in this website.
Correction of Personal Data
You can update any incorrect information via link My dashboard in this website.
Deletion of Personal Data
To delete all your personal data, go to this page Personal data in this website.
If you cannot delete your user account through the website, please send an email to address enquiry[at]kontext.tech.
What Happens When I Initiate Account Deletion?
- When you delete your account, your account will be immediately deactivated and a full deletion will be completed within 30 days.
- During the 30 days deactivation period, your account, including comments, will not be publicly accessible.
- After 30 days, your data is not recoverable.
It may take several additional days for your personal data to be de-indexed from search engines, depending on those search engines’ practices, over which Kontext may have limited or no control.
The site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an account. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete it. If you believe that we might have collected personal information from a child under 13, please contact using the information below.
International Data Transfers
This website is hosted in Australia regions of our cloud service provider. Your personal data is also stored in these regions.
Personal data that this website collects may be transferred to and stored and processed in countries other than the country in which you reside, which means that laws different from the laws in your country may apply.
How Long We Keep Your Data
If you have any questions about this policy, you can contact us at enquiry[at]kontext.tech.