Effective: 1 Oct 2019
These Terms of Service ("Terms") govern your use of Kontext's sites, services, products, and content ("Services").
By using Kontext (this website), you agree to these Terms. If you don't agree to any of the Terms, you can't use these Services.
We can change these Terms anytime. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. If you don't agree to the new terms, you should delete your account before they take effect, otherwise your use of the Services will be subject to the new Terms. By using Kontext on or after that effective date, you agree to the new Terms.
Privacy and Cookie Policies
Kontext is only for people 13 years old and over. By using Kontext, you affirm that you are over 13. If we learn someone under 13 is using our Services, we'll terminate their account.
Content Rights and Responsibilities
When publishing contents (including comments) on this website, the following terms apply:
- We can remove any content you post for any reason.
- You're responsible for the content you publish in this website including all the risks related to it such as its accuracy, or claims relating to intellectual property or other legal rights.
When creating columns in this website, you can choose the licence or terms for your column contents:
- Site terms - Usage of column articles are subject to Terms of this website. Users are free to share the content if it is publicly available (specified by the access level of each article). However they cannot adapt (remix, transform, or build upon the material) without your consent.
- CC-BY-SA-4.0 - Column articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.
- CC-BY-4.0 - Column articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
- CC0-1.0 - Column articles are licensed under a Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal license.
- By posting content to Kontext, you give us a nonexclusive license to publish it on Kontext Services, including anything reasonably related to publishing it (like storing, displaying, reformatting, and distributing it).
- You agree that Kontext may enable advertising on the Services, including in connection with the display of your content or other information. We may also use your content to promote Kontext, including its products, content and services.
- We won't sell your content to third parties without your explicit permission unless the content licence allows us to do so.
Our Content and Services
- We may change, terminate, or restrict access to any aspect of the Services, at any time, without notice.
- Crawling the Services is allowed only if it's done in accordance with the provisions of our robots.txt file. Scraping the Services is prohibited.
- Some parts of Kontext are licensed under third-party open source licenses.
Access Controlled Content
In addition to content licence or terms, content on this website can also be access controlled. There are three access levels can be applied to content such as Column, Forum, Column article and Forum post:
- Public - Content is accessible to all users including anonymous users.
- Semi-public - Only partial content is accessible to anonymous users; registered users have full access to the content.
- Member only - Content is accessible to registered users only.
- Administrator only - Content is accessible to administrator only.
You may not conduct or try to conduct the following actions:
- access or tamper with non-public areas of the Services;
- access the Services by any means other than the currently published available interfaces;
- exploit the Services to send or to publish altered, deceptive, or false information;
- script the creation of content or accounts in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services;
- interfere with or disrupt the Services to make it unavailable to other users.
Accounts, Passwords and Security
Your account can be disabled without notice if you breach any of the Terms.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information you hold for your account, including your password, and for any and all activity that occurs under your account as a result of your failing to keep this information secure and confidential. You agree to notify Kontext immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. You may be held liable for losses incurred by Kontext or any other user of or visitor to this website due to someone else using your account as a result of your failing to keep your account information secure and confidential.
If you find a security vulnerability on Kontext, send us an email. Refer to Contact Information section for more details.
Disclaimer of Warranty
Kontext provides the Services to you as is. You use them at your own risk and discretion. That means they don't come with any warranty. None expressed, none implied. No implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, availability, security, title or non-infringement.
Limitation of Liability
Kontext won't be liable to you for any damages that arise from your using the Services. This includes if the Services are hacked or unavailable. This includes all types of damages (indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary). And it includes all kinds of legal claims, such as breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort, or any other loss.
If Kontext doesn't exercise a particular right under these Terms, that doesn't waive it.
If any provision of these terms is found invalid by a court of jurisdiction, you agree that the court should try to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision and that other provisions of the Terms will remain in full effect.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by with the laws of the state of Victoria, Australia, without reference to its conflict of laws' provisions.
If you have any questions about this policy, you can contact us at enquiry[at]kontext.tech.