more_horiz

Lucene.NET Exception on Azure - segments.* file not found in AzureDirectory

visibility 26 comment 0

Issue context

Environment

.NET 6.0

Lucene.Net 4.8.0-beta0016

Lucene.Net.QueryParser 4.8.0-beta16

Lucene.Net.Store.Azure 4.8.0-beta16 (I upgraded to beta16 manually to be consistent)

Exception

When querying the index stored in Azure Blob Storage after modification, the following exception is thrown:

Error occurred while searching keywords: Lucene.Net.Index.IndexNotFoundException: no segments* file found in AzureDirectory

More details about the issue

When the index is created for the first time, the following files are generated:

When querying the indexes, there are no issues.

A second run modifies the index to delete all documents and re-add them and add a new document to the index. The index directory in blob storage now looks like the following screenshot:

When querying the index, the exception is thrown:

Error occurred while searching keywords: Lucene.Net.Index.IndexNotFoundException: no segments* file found in AzureDirectory@39b5dcc lockFactory=NativeFSLockFactory@: files: []
         at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfos.FindSegmentsFile.Run(IndexCommit commit)
         at Lucene.Net.Index.StandardDirectoryReader.Open(Directory directory, IndexCommit commit, Int32 termInfosIndexDivisor)
         at Lucene.Net.Index.DirectoryReader.Open(Directory directory)

Root issue

segments.gen file was deleted when modifying indexes.

When I looked into the AzureDirectory lib I am using, it has not implemented all the functions properly:

//TODO
info Last modified by Kontext 27 days ago
thumb_up 0

Please log in or register to comment.

account_circle Log in person_add Register

comment Comments
No comments yet.
timeline Stats
Page index 0.93